Arabic: Kabees El Lift
This is an Authentic Lebanese Recipe
(compliments of habeeb.com)
2 cups water
1 cup vinegar
2 tsp. salt
1 (sm-med) beetroot (Another term for just beets)
Several garlic cloves
- Wash turnips well and cut off a slice from the tops and bottoms.
- Slice lengthwise into quarter-inch slices to within a half-inch of the bottom of the turnip.
- Do not separate the slices entirely from each other.
- Soak in water overnight.
- Wash well in the morning.
- Place in glass jar with the beetroot (To give the pink color to the pickles).
- Cover with the pickling solution prepared from the above ingredients.
These pickles may be eaten after three days.